On 29 March 1912, the hangar collapsed in a storm, causing Waterbird to be badly damaged. It was re-erected, with the benefit of shoring.
The photograph to the right was taken by Gertrude Bacon during her flight in Waterhen on 15 July 1912. The hangar is the first building at bottom right of the photograph.
This photograph, which includes Waterhen at the Cockshott Point hangar, is intriguing in that the background story to it is known. It was taken in August 1913 by Vida Bloede, who was 17 at the time and on vacation from Maryland, visiting Scotland and England with the rest of her family. In that Vida had photographed the Wright Flyer at Virginia in 1908, it might be assumed she wanted to have a passenger flight in Waterhen. The boy in the canoe is her 19 year old brother, Victor Bloede, Junior. Their father had become wealthy, having invented the process for dyed fabric that would not fade on exposure to sunlight and also the gum adhesive used on US postage stamps.
Cockshott Point was used for training pilots, but in June 1916 the HQ of the Royal Naval Air Service transferred to Hill of Oaks.
In 1919, the hangar was leased for use by two Avro 504’s which were operated by Howard Pixton for A. V. Roe & Co. Ltd., including joyriding, instructing, charter flights and delivering newspapers to the Isle of Man.